NAVTEQ (NYSE: NVT), a leading global provider of digital maps for vehicle navigation and location-based solutions, is celebrating its 20th anniversary this month.
NAVTEQ has been a driving force in the navigation industry since its inception. From early on, the company has focused on creating fully navigable digital map databases which have been fundamental to growth in vehicle navigation, online mapping and location-enabled portable devices including personal navigation devices (PNDs), PDAs and mobile phones.
NAVTEQ was a pioneer, investing in the development of a navigable map database well in advance of systems that could actually utilize them. While the company was founded in 1985, the first commercial navigation applications appeared in 1994 and 1996 in Europe and North America respectively.
NAVTEQ’s vision to revolutionize the way that people use maps has become a reality: NAVTEQ maps are now available for more than 50 countries. Today, every major automobile manufacturer that currently offers a navigation system in North America and Europe uses NAVTEQ maps in one or more of their models.
NAVTEQ maps are used by consumers for more than 30,000,000 routes a day. The reason NAVTEQ maps are so widely used include:
* High quality, precision maps
* Proprietary collection process including an extensive team of over 500 dedicated Field Researchers who drive the roads collecting and verifying complex road network data
* A single, global specification
* Comprehensive POI's (Points of Interests) in approximately 50 categories in North America and approximately 40 categories in Europe including restaurants, hotels and gas stations
NAVTEQ conducted an Initial Public Offering of its shares in August of 2004. Today, the company has 1,600 employees in 21 countries.
@Moderator: ook dit topic mag gesloten worden, daar dit alleen ter info is.
1 bericht • Pagina 1 van 1
- Berichten: 2525
- Lid geworden op: 29 Okt 2003 09:36
- Locatie: Beuningen (Gld.)
MS5700 (HERE 2013/2014) + TMC-box MT5011 + antennesplitter MA1410 + Arat mount VW T4 + Arat mount VDO Dayton MS5700!
Wie is er online
Gebruikers op dit forum: Onbekende zoekrobot en 0 gasten