VDO Dayton MS 2000IT OS update problem

jony

VDO Dayton MS 2000IT OS update problem

Bericht door jony »

I try to update system from http://www.vdodayton.com/default2_and_f ... =9063.aspx but the updateing is blocked on display only "OS updating" a very long time(not two minutes how the manual says). Then i restart the system, and thats work fine, the new os is working, but when i tried to use second day, i had only on display "Starting operation system"... if i try to update again, i have the same situation, and i dont have the backup of old OS

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
JW

Bericht door JW »

You're trying to update with the MS 2000 Software.
The question therefore is: do you really have a MS 2000, or the MS 2010, which is a modified MS 2000?

Be aware of the fact that the MS 2010 is only a modified version of the MS 2000, and on the bottom of the unit it is still named MS 2000.
The difference can be seen in http://www.navisysforum.de/thread.php?threadid=1347 , the upper picture is of the MS 2000/2100, the lower picture of the MS 2010/2110.
Which of the two do you have?

Regards,
JW
RT4-HDD in Citroën C5 Break V6 Exclusive
Voorheen: MS 5500 met 'franse' MT 5010/01-VT en MA 1410 splitter

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

Bericht door jony »

Iam not shure how to figure whitch is, on the botom white stich scrive MS2000IT s/n AC61E51924...on this http://www.navisysforum.de/thread.php?threadid=1347 pictures, i think that is 2010 because of the software look...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
JW

Bericht door JW »

On all units, whether it is a MS 2000 or a MS 2010 you will find the same on the bottom, always MS2000.

Now that you write that the second picture looks like what you have, it can be assumed that you have an MS 2010 indeed.
Please check the SD Card in your system, that may give some information as well, what is written on it?
And you can put the SD Card into your computer and check its content, does it look like what you see on the picture?

In case you have an MS 2010, you shall NOT use the Software you have downloaded, but the Software suitable to the MS 2010

Regards,
JW
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

again problems...

Bericht door jony »

i had downloaded OS from http://www.vdodayton.com/default2_and_f ... 23426.aspx for 2010
Updating gone ok, 100%...and on the end, when I restart the system..i have the same problem "Startup System..."?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

i'am happy

Bericht door jony »

when i try second time, it succeded. Now i want to update maps...I have VDO Dayton Navteq Europe 2006 cd and i copy the files on SD card...but i cant load map into os...what is procedure to install new maps?
tnx

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

iam not happy

Bericht door jony »

i copy the old maps on the card, and when i restart,,the same problem again "Startup System" and the device is blocked

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
JW

Bericht door JW »

Where is that Navteq 2006 CD coming from?
Anyhow, such a CD can never be loaded into your system, as it is the wrong type. Your system requires the DVD with the proper data, which you can buy at Navteq www.navteq.com or at Navco http://www.navco.nl/product_info.php?cP ... d=10022020

Regards,
JW

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

ok

Bericht door jony »

I have got the VDO_Dayton_Navteq_Europe_2006 from my friend . But the main preblem is that after os update when i turn of, not stand by the device i can put on the system. Only i can see "Startup System" message on screen. When I update os with 2000 software, it freeze on updateing on display i have "OS Updating", when i update with 2010 software everything gone wheel like in manual... and in booth cases its works, but when i turn off the device..i can start anymore..i have "Startup System" message and i only can turn off the battery[/code]

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
JW

Bericht door JW »

You really are making a mess of it :oops:
That CD is totally useless for your MS 2010, and I don't know what the SD, trying to use it, has subsequently caused as troubles.
Firstly you tried to implement the wrong Software, despite the clear instructions related to it, and now you are trying to use the wrong maps.
I have no information how this can be solved.

Regards,
JW

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

sorry,,, we can try restart the problem

Bericht door jony »

we can forget the cd... i have backup the original maps from sd card... at first i wont to resolve the problem with "Startup System" - message...ok, my first mistake was that i make update with 2000 os not with 2010, and i had blocked updating, but when i restart the system works fine...until i on/of the system a couple times - totally turn off not stand by. Then i tried to update with 2010 os, and the update process gone fine, and everything works fine...but again when i couple times on/off the device i had the same error...on first screen i had "Startup System" and nothing else, and i can eneter in the system again only if i reupdate the os again...this is a main problem... can i some how restore to previous os, can i smowhere download the old os?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
JW

Bericht door JW »

Does the system start up at all?

You could try to play-in the latest Software again, after you have downloaded it again from the VDO site. Do that and don't use the version you have already downloaded.
Then, follow the VDO instructions VERY carefully, step-by-step, and hopefully your MS 2010 will work again.

Regards,
JW

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
jony

Bericht door jony »

Yes system is started, You can see pics od display in attachement, but if i totally turn off the device, OS would not start again and i will have only "Startup System" on display, and i cant turn off the device anymore only i can turn off battery. And then if i wont to start system i should update os again and then i have same situation

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Fiver

Bericht door Fiver »

I did the same mistake (I just looked at the sticker MS2000/NT and updated the OS to the new MS2000).... now the os is bonkers.... does anyone have a custom ROM for this device, or can someone make a backup ROM from a working MS2010? Would really appreciate it.

It's really annoying that I have to reinstall the OS every time I turn it off, to be able to use it... HELP T_T

P.S.: Oh yeah I already tried the 2010 software update and it doesn't solve the problem.... Desperation here :S

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
  • Vergelijkbare Onderwerpen
    Statistieken
    Laatste bericht
  • Problem connecting MIO and smartphone using USB cable
    door dannygroeneveld » 12 nov 2018 11:04 » in Mitac Mio
    Reacties: 0
    Weergaves: 778